Our school vision
Growing together in mind, body and spirit
We exist to help our pupils grow academically, emotionally, socially, physically and spiritually. As a church school, our vision is inspired by the unconditional love of God:
‘Let us love one another, for love is from God’ (John 4:7)
This forms our core belief that as humans we flourish in positive relationships with God, ourselves, each other and the wider world.
Our aim is that everyone in our school community will flourish.
We take our inspiration from the Great Commandment and the story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37). Spirituality and love are threaded through our ethos.
We achieve this through a culture of encouragement and nurture and our academic, character and enrichment curriculums, ensuring pupils spend their time with us living life in all its fullness.
‘I have come that you may have life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10)
1. The ‘academic curriculum’
- We are educating for wisdom, knowledge and skills through our broad, connected and exciting curriculum, which takes full advantage of our stunning locality.
- We view the love and learning of reading as the foundation for academic success.
- We aim for staff to inspire pupils, and adapt teaching to meet individual needs and overcome obstacles.
2. The ‘character curriculum’
- We are educating for dignity and respect. We help everyone to realise and take pride in their own gifts, talents and beliefs.
- We encourage our pupils to explore spirituality, to become bold agents of change, and to approach the future with hope and aspiration.
- We aim to build strong and nurturing relationships with each other. We use empathy, forgiveness and reconciliation when things go wrong.
3. The ‘enrichment curriculum’ “Going the extra mile”
- We engage in our community and live well together, with very high levels of participation and support for our families and community.
- We have a wide range of opportunities through our clubs, sporting and musical events, trips, visits and residentials. We strive for every child to engage with an interest, passion or need.
- We learn about diversity and difference.
Our team “Together, everyone achieves more”
None of this can happen without a great team of adults. We achieve this with a sharp focus on research-based pedagogy, strong subject knowledge, staff well-being and professional development, and ready access to high quality resources and learning environments.
Please read on to find out more about the curriculum we offer at St Peter’s. We are very proud of how much we offer to our pupils and families, including our lovely nursery.
Steve Hitchcock, Headteacher
Click here for the school prospectus.
Click here for the visitor welcome booklet.
St Peter’s C of E Primary School
Moor Lane, Budleigh Salterton, Devon EX9 6QF