Back to school reminder
We are looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday 2nd September.
Don’t forget you must watch this short video explainer with your child before they start back – https://youtu.be/DzVzEqi1pmw
Equipment every child needs – Pupils will need to bring:
- their own stationery (pen, pencil, pencil crayons, eraser, pencil sharpener, glue stick) in a named pencil case (wipe clean and labelled with their name). The pencil case needs to be plain (nothing fancy) that is very easy to wipe clean. Once brought in, these items will stay in school until the end of the term.
- a water bottle, sun cream and a sun hat, plus any other normal medication. Please put names on everything.
- do not bring anything else. If you can avoid bringing in a school bag, please do so.
- bikes and scooters will not be allowed on site.
Pupils will need to wear normal school uniform. There is no requirement this is washed each day. Sensible plain black shoes are still essential.
To save space in the classrooms, and reduce contact, your child is allowed to wear their PE kit to school on the days they have PE. They will not need it for the first week back.
- We will have to do a lot more PE outside, so a tracksuit will be essential for the Autumn and Spring terms.
Many children have issues tying their own laces. If your child can not tie a lace, please buy velcro shoes. We have to reduce the amount of contact between adults and children.
Have a school dinner!
The school kitchen will be open for business as usual.
The risk of cross contamination by children bringing packed lunches into school means we would prefer pupils to have a school dinner.
- Reception and Key Stage 1 children will be eating their free school lunch in the hall (in their pods).
- All other children will collect their lunch from the hall and eat in their classrooms.
Because we have to reduce the amount of contact between adults and children, please ensure your child can use a knife and fork correctly. This is a good skill to learn over the Summer.
If your child has to have a packed lunch, this will be stored in their classroom.
The full letter is here, including pick up and drop off times –https://st-peters-school.org.uk/news/returning-to-school-in-september/