Exeter's Festival of Writing and Stories: exetreme imagination 15th to 27th October 2018
“The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas. extreme imagination is packed full of ideas!
extreme imagination is a culturally interactive festival with an amazing line-up of writers, illustrators, storytellers and performers.
There will be hats, puppets, a flying pony, a thoughtful sparrow, comics and far too much chocolate!
The aim of the festival is to unlock imaginations and creativity. We want to entertain and enthuse young people and help them discover the power of writing.
Children have a love of stories – they know that stories in books may look finished but they are not. Stories keep growing and changing in the imagination.
Literature can change lives. Good books matter.“
There are so many fantastic events taking place such as:
- Reeve & McIntyre’s Roly-Poly Flying Pony Show @ Exeter Phoenix
- Sciencedipity @ Exeter Library
- Alfie’s Night Out @ RAMM
- Thinking Inside the Box @ Exeter Library
- The Etherington Brothers (The Phoenix) @ Exeter Phoenix
- The Glump and the Peeble @ Exeter Library
- Rustle @ Exeter Phoenix
Including many free events:
- extreme imagination Launch @ Princesshay
- The Imaginarium and Isabella’s Story Bicycle @ Exeter Library, Princesshay and across the city
- Silk Purses from Sows’ Ears @ Exeter Phoenix
- Gerald Makes Friends @ RAMM
- Exeter Library Special Collection of Children’s Books @ Exeter Library
- Sketch Walk @ Apple Store
- Photo Walk @ RAMM
- Pop Up Storytelling @ Across the city
See you there!