Inspection report - good!
Dear parents and carers,
I am delighted to be able to share with your our SIAMS report (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools). The inspector came to visit us a few weeks ago.
She rated us as good in all areas, with particular praise for the following:
- The dedicated leadership of the school, driven by the school’s Christian vision, ensuring a loving and nurturing environment.
- The pastoral care we give to children, families and staff.
- The good partnership between the local churches.
- Pupils who live out their core Christian values and are active in making a difference in their community and caring for their local environment.
- Collective worship and religious education [RE] are passionately led by Mrs Jenkins.
We have been asked to:
- further develop RE feedback to pupils, and give them more of a say in Collective Worship;
- deepen pupils’ encounter with a wider range of faiths, beliefs and cultures.
These targets will form part of our next development plan.
Please click here to read the full report.
I would like to give special thanks to Mrs Jenkins for her great leadership work in this area, Revds James Henley and Roger Grant for guiding us so well on our Christian journey, and Revds Martin and Karen for their recent support.
I think this is a fantastic validation of our school, as we continue our journey to becoming a great school. Our motto of ‘Growing together in mind, body and spirit’ is enabling the children at our school to grow and flourish. Well done to all of the staff for their hard work and commitment. Thank you to parents and carers for your continuing support and engagement: the inspector agrees that you have a school to be proud of.
Jeannett Martin Steve Hitchcock
Chair of Governors Headteacher