November Reading Challenge: #Doyouknow?
This month I would like pupils to share what they discover when they are reading.
When did Triceratops roam our Earth?
What foods did people living during the Maya civilisation eat?
Why should I be scared of a Smilodon?
Who was the first pilot to fly over the English Channel?
Where is Lima?
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the fact they have discovered and an image of them holding the book from which they discovered the fact. These fascinating facts will be shared on Twitter (@BudleighStP).
- It would be helpful if you could start with fact with ‘Do you know….’ e.g. Do you know that Lima is the capital of Peru, a country located in South America!
- The fact has to come from a book – but do not forget that we can discover and learn from fiction books just as much as non-fiction books.
- The fact does not have to relate to the topics/theme which your child is studying in class.
- Please include your child’s name and class in the e-mail.
- By e-mailing the image of your child you are giving consent for this image to be shared on Twitter. Please state clearly if your child wants to share their fact, but does not want their image on social media.
- You do not have to join Twitter and follow @BudleighStP to see our tweets – but it does help. Instead the tweets can be seen on our webpage www.st-peters-school.org.uk
Some of these facts will also be displayed in our School Library.
I wonder who will share the most interesting fact?