Need To Know 4th May 2018
What’s going on next week?
Need to know:
No school on Monday – Bank Holiday
- The library project finally gets the go ahead! Read here.
- On Sunday, we hosted a hugely successful Swimathon at Exmouth Leisure Centre with the aim to raise fund for our fantastic school pool.We had a full house, with 12 teams and over 50 swimmers participating, each hoping to complete the most laps within one hour. Amongst the keen swimmers there were pupils, teachers and parents, as well as former students. The atmosphere was lively and supportive. In the end, it really didn’t matter which team swam the furthest, as every participant was rightly proud of their achievements.
If you haven’t had a chance to sponsor the swimmers yet, never fear, there’s still time – follow the link below and give as much or as little as you can.
Did you know it costs our school around £15,000 a year to run? Every year we risk running at a deficit, as the donations and funds are not always enough.
Donate by Friday to ensure your money makes it into our final total.
You can do this either by giving the cash directly to the school or office or by visiting our My Donate page here:
Thank you read here.
- Pub Quiz. Thank you to all who came along and had fun, to Wilf for his help and his compere skills and to Laura who helped with marking the questions. The Dog and Donkey was a great venue and I think we are planning another in the next year so watch this space. I am pleased to confirm that we made a profit of £227.10. A big thanks to Lorraine for being the quiz master!!
- Please remember to arrive at school promptly for the bell at 8:55am.
- Although this seems early, very soon I have to decide the classes for next year (September). I always welcome parent advice to make sure I get the classes balanced as well as I can. With that in mind, I would invite you to complete this short form to tell me who your child works best with. Click here to complete. Deadline: I need your feedback before 25th May.
- Swimming details here.
- Club details here.
- Current menu here.
- Paying online via Schoolcomms – www.schoolgateway.com
Dates for the Summer Term 2018
Friday 4th May – Oak Class trip to ‘We The Curious’
Monday 7th May-Bank Holiday
Tuesday 8th May- Governors Teaching and Learning Committee Meeting from 6-8pm in the Staff Room
Friday 11th May- Rowan Class visit to Fairlynch Museum and Budleigh Beach
Monday 14th May-Thursday 17th May -Year 6 SATS
Friday 18th May- Year 6 performing at the Devon County Show on the Devon Music Education Hub Bandstand
Friday 18th- Thursday 24th May- KS1 SATS
Saturday 26th May 2018 – GALA WEEK starts with fete on the Green.
Monday 28th May – Two week Half Term begins
Monday 11th June – Summer Term resumes
Monday 11th June- Friday 15th June- Y1 Phonics Screening Check week
Tuesday 19th June- Year 6 RNLI Beach Day
Wednesday 20th June- Year 6 (half class) visit to Baycourt- creative focus
Friday 22nd June – Sports Day
Tuesday 26th June – Tempest photographer in school.
Tuesday 26th June- Full Governing Body meeting from 6-8pm in the Staff Room
Monday 2nd July – Inset Day – School closed
Wednesday 4th July- New Parents Welcome Meeting from 7-8pm in the School Hall
Saturday 7th July 12:00 – 15:00 – PTA Summer Fayre
Monday 9th July- Year 6 Beach Day followed by a sleepover
Tuesday 10th July- Year 5 Beach Day
Friday 13th July- Year 6 (half class) to lunchtime brass concert at Temple Methodist Church
Monday 16th July- Year 6 (half class) to lunchtime folk music concert at Temple Methodist Church
Tuesday 17th July- Years 5 and 6 ‘Mystery at Magpie Manor’ rehearsal day at The Barnfield Theatre, Exeter
Wednesday 18th July- Years 5 and 6 ‘Mystery at Magpie Manor’ rehearsal day at The Barnfield Theatre, Exeter
Wednesday 18th July- KS1 Museum Exhibition
Thursday 19th July – am Years 5 and 6 ‘Mystery at Magpie Manor’ performance to children in Years 2-4 at The Barnfield Theatre, Exeter
Thursday 19th July- Years 5 and 6 ‘Mystery at Magpie Manor’ performance at The Barnfield Theatre, Exeter at 7pm
Wednesday 25th July- KS2 Class to perform at Baycourt from 2-3pm
Thursday 26th July – 10am – Year 6 leavers service at St Peter’s Church
Friday 27th July – Last day of term – finish 1:30pm.
Tuesday 4th September – Autumn Term begins.