School News 6th July 2018
What’s going on next week?
- Summer Fayre – 7th July, 12 till 3pm, the School field.
- Parent governor needed with premises experience. See here for more. PLEASE NOTE: the deadline for applications has changed to 20th July, as we have had one applicant, giving us time to run an election (if needed) in the last week of term.
- Want to have a go at golf? Andrew Place from East Devon Golf Club is going a taster session for years 3 and 4 after school on Monday 23rd July. You will need to supervise your child. Andrew will be doing a free club at the school in the Autumn term.
Meet the teachers
You are welcome to drop in to see the class teachers next Tuesday, 10th July, after school from 4-6pm if you want to discuss the report further – or look at your child’s books. No appointment is necessary. Alternatively, you can contact them to make a separate appointment.
PLEASE NOTE – new class information is not yet available, but will be sent home as soon as possible.
- CHANGE OF DATE- Chestnut Class Trip to Baycourt. Chestnut Class are going to share their learning in Music this half term with the residents of Baycourt Residential and Nursing Home from 2-3pm on Thursday 26th July (instead of Wednesday 25th July as stated in previous correspondence). This provides the children with a clear purpose for their learning in Music this half term and also is part of our community outreach work.
On the day, Chestnut Class will be leaving school at 1.40pm to walk there and then will return at around 3pm so that we will be back to school in time for normal collection arrangements. We would be really grateful if you were able to help us to walk the children to and/or from this event. If you are able to help out, please let Mrs Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org) know as soon as possible.
Please can you make sure that your child has a coat in school on the day. If it is a sunny day, then please can your child bring a sunhat. If they need an asthma inhaler, they will need to make sure that they have one with them. Your child will need a bottle of water.
- Swimming details here.
- Club details here.
- Current menu here.
- Paying online via Schoolcomms – www.schoolgateway.com
Dates for the Summer Term 2018
Saturday 7th July 12:00 – 15:00 – PTA Summer Fayre
Monday 9th July- Year 6 Beach Day followed by a sleepover
Tuesday 10th July- Year 5 Beach Day
Tuesday 10th July – Parents Evening
Friday 13th July- Year 6 (half class) to lunchtime brass concert at Temple Methodist Church
Monday 16th July- Year 6 (half class) to lunchtime folk music concert at Temple Methodist Church
Tuesday 17th July- Years 5 and 6 ‘Mystery at Magpie Manor’ rehearsal day at The Barnfield Theatre, Exeter
Wednesday 18th July- Years 5 and 6 ‘Mystery at Magpie Manor’ rehearsal day at The Barnfield Theatre, Exeter
Wednesday 18th July- KS1 Museum Exhibition
Thursday 19th July – am Years 5 and 6 ‘Mystery at Magpie Manor’ performance to children in Years 2-4 at The Barnfield Theatre, Exeter
Thursday 19th July- Years 5 and 6 ‘Mystery at Magpie Manor’ performance at The Barnfield Theatre, Exeter at 7pm
Friday 20th July – Year 3 sleepover
Monday 23rd July – Andrew Place from East Devon Golf Club is going a taster session for years 3 and 4 after school .
Thursday 26th July-Chestnut Class to perform at Baycourt from 2-3pm
Thursday 26th July – 10am – Year 6 leavers service at St Peter’s Church
Friday 27th July – Last day of term – finish 1:30pm.
Friday 27th July – Family Fun day at Hays’s Travel – 11am – 4pm
Tuesday 4th September – Autumn Term begins.