What you need to know for September
The bubble system will no longer be in place. If we do have an outbreak, it is likely we will revert back to some of our existing control measures. Pupils and staff may still be required to isolate. Pupils and parents should not come to school with any symptoms of COVID-19. If there is COVID-19 in your household, you will all need to isolate.
School will revert to normal start and end times.
However, we are going to continue with pupils dropped at the school gates as this has been so much better for the transition into school. Mr Lee and I will always be on one for the gates if you need to get a message into school. Pupils new to Reception will be allowed on-site until they are ready to be left at the gate.
- Gates will open at 8:45am. All pupils must arrive for a prompt start. Gates will close at 8:55am.
- Please encourage older/more mature pupils to walk to school on their own.
- All pupils finish at 3:30pm.
- Please stand, socially distanced, outside of their classroom.
- You can use any gate. They will be open from 3:20pm.
We are going to be more strict on the stationery requirements for pupils next term. Please check this now so you are prepared for the new term. There is a page on the website for quick reference too – https://st-peters-school.org.uk/parents/stationery-requirements-for-pupils/
Every child needs a large, clear, wipe clean pencil case. Example here.
- It should be labelled with the child’s name ONLY.
- If you can’t source one, they are available to purchase for a small amount from the school office.
The school will provide your child with:
- a writing pen
- a whiteboard pen.
- If they misuse or lose these, there is a small charge for a replacement.
Every child will need to provide their own:
- HB pencils x 2, pencil crayons, eraser, small ruler (15cm), pencil sharpener and glue stick.
Every Pupil Premium child will be provided with all of the above by the school.
Uniform reminders are here – https://st-peters-school.org.uk/parents/uniform/
Please make sure the following items are noted:
- Completely black footwear only.
- Earring must be plain metal studs only. Pupils will have to remove earrings that aren’t.
- Hair longer than shoulder length must be tied back.
On PE days, pupils can wear PE kit to school. Please check the requirements at the above link.
Pupils in year 6 will need a school jumper for the whole year. They will get leavers hoodies. These were never intended to be school uniform, but they will be allowed to wear them on PE days once they have become ‘School Leaders’. More on that in September!