Need To Know 22nd June 2018
What’s going on next week?
- Please remember that you have to supervise your child at all times after school. They are not allowed on the play equipment or the field unless you are stood with them.
- Mufti day – on Friday 29th June we are having a non-uniform day, if your child would like to wear their own clothes to school, all they need to do is bring in a donation for the summer fayre. Ideas include:
Anything you can donate is always appreciated and helps to make the summer fayre an enjoyable day for all.
- TOMOBOLA PRIZES I.e. bottles of wine, nice food items, toiletries, jars, unwanted gifts
- TOYS (i.e. clean teddies, well-kept unwanted toys, lucky dip toys)
- RAFFLE PRIZES
- Tuesday 26th June – Tempest photographer in school.
- Summer Fayre – 7th July, 12 till 3pm, the School fieldCome along to the annual Summer Fayre, 7th July, 12 – 3pm come rain or shine.Along with the usual family entertainment like bouncy castles, BBQ, games, tombola, there will be some exciting new additions, like a mysterious fortune teller, the chance to test your skills on the footy speed shot and a retro sports event plus lots more. Also, look out for our new food area where we will be bringing back Budway – our one-stop sandwich shop and selling new luxury ice creams.Volunteers – We will be pounding the playground this week looking for helpers. There are lots of little jobs we need help with, from running a small game to helping with refreshments. Anytime you can offer would be much appreciated.If you are new to the school and have any questions about helping at the event, or if you want further information, please email Laura Chatterton on spsa.budleighsalterton@gmail.
- Please read our very important guidance on how to keep your child safe online here. We are teaching your child about how to stay safe this half term – so please do discuss this with them.
- Sports day (Friday 22nd June) plan is here.
- You should all have received a paper copy of the changes to the school following GDPR. Please complete and return the consent forms straight away.
We do send out some non-essential information (Community news etc.) that you will now need to opt-in to receive at this link: http://eepurl.com/du6PjP
- Swimming details here.
- Club details here.
- Current menu here.
- Paying online via Schoolcomms – www.schoolgateway.com
Dates for the Summer Term 2018
Tuesday 26th June – Tempest photographer in school.
Tuesday 26th June- Full Governing Body meeting from 6-8pm in the Staff Room
Monday 2nd July – Inset Day – School closed
Wednesday 4th July- New Parents Welcome Meeting from 7-8pm in the School Hall
Saturday 7th July 12:00 – 15:00 – PTA Summer Fayre
Monday 9th July- Year 6 Beach Day followed by a sleepover
Tuesday 10th July- Year 5 Beach Day
Friday 13th July- Year 6 (half class) to lunchtime brass concert at Temple Methodist Church
Monday 16th July- Year 6 (half class) to lunchtime folk music concert at Temple Methodist Church
Tuesday 17th July- Years 5 and 6 ‘Mystery at Magpie Manor’ rehearsal day at The Barnfield Theatre, Exeter
Wednesday 18th July- Years 5 and 6 ‘Mystery at Magpie Manor’ rehearsal day at The Barnfield Theatre, Exeter
Wednesday 18th July- KS1 Museum Exhibition
Thursday 19th July – am Years 5 and 6 ‘Mystery at Magpie Manor’ performance to children in Years 2-4 at The Barnfield Theatre, Exeter
Thursday 19th July- Years 5 and 6 ‘Mystery at Magpie Manor’ performance at The Barnfield Theatre, Exeter at 7pm
Wednesday 25th July- KS2 Class to perform at Baycourt from 2-3pm
Thursday 26th July – 10am – Year 6 leavers service at St Peter’s Church
Friday 27th July – Last day of term – finish 1:30pm.
Tuesday 4th September – Autumn Term begins.